Thursday, November 4, 2010

Ryan Kwanten says he wants Jason to be as real as possible

True Blood’s Ryan Kwanten, who plays Jason Stackhouse, says that he tries to avoid finding out what will happen in True Blood.
Speaking to Entertainment Weekly, Kwanten explained that he wants the reactions of his character Jason to be as real as possible.

I pride myself on being one of the last to know [what will happen] because I almost feel like it hinders my performance to know too much,” he said. “Because Jason very rarely knows what’s happening in the next minute, let alone the next episode. So I like playing it with that kind of spontaneity.”

Kwanten explained that he doesn’t look at the scripts for the show until a week before filming, saying: “It’s the absolute truth. It’s why I stopped reading the [Charlaine Harris] books at book two. It felt like it was getting in the way – I knew too much.

Kwanten’s co-star Sam Trammell recently revealed that filming for the fourth season of True Blood is scheduled to begin this month but Ryan pinpoints it further in the video below as December 1.